Monday, February 16, 2015

The Katie pants are finished!!!

Boy do I have news today! We'll start with the one I've been hinting at for awhile. The Katie pants are done! I love this pattern by Scientific Seamstress! Especially now that I have the fit down, the next coming pairs won't be as difficult.
Now, let me be sure to make this clear. It's NOT the pattern that's difficult, lol. It's my 6 year old's measurements that make it hard. With a 21 inch waist and 20 inch inseam, she's a hard one to sew for, but even harder to shop for. Hence the need to sew! (Actually, the need was there long before my daughter was born, lol, I've been obsessed with sewing since childhood.)
She hates modelling though, so I try to make it more fun, by playing Simon Says, or letting her pick all the poses. I want her to have fun with it. So, with out further ado, here they are!
My other news? I ordered my new sewing machine! Mine's a very (VERY) basic model and it's almost 10 years old. I'm thrilled to get my new Brother cs6000i! I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas to come! I'll discuss all it's wonderful features, like all the feet it comes with, it's 60 stitches, or that it comes with a double needle, with anyone who'll listen. It's not a very high end machine, but when you're creating on a strict budget like mine (and I know plenty of you are), this machine has a lot of bang for it's buck. Plus, the reviews are great on it! I'll be sure to let you know how it measures up!
Now that the Katie pants are done, the big Q is, what's next? Well, I've got this big chunk of fabric that would look great as a Scientific Seamstress Jamie dress. Think it's time to sew myself some love? If there's enough left over, I also think it'd look adorable as a Presh Blazer, by Winter Wear Designs!
What do you think? Feel free to drop me a line in my facebook group, or follow me on Pinterest, and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment